Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Lion's Whiskers


One morning she went to find the old debtera in his house. The old man welcomed her and listened to her story with attention. When she finished, he remained silent and then he said

“I will be glad to prepare for you a medicine which will make your
husband see you with the same eyes as before, but for the medicine you
must bring me three whiskers of a lion. But the whiskers must be
taken from a live lion and by your own hand.”

“How shall I do this, and, how can I find a lion? The women asked

- Farmers of the low lands said to me that there was a lion which often
comes to the heart of the valley, at the edge of the river.

She was worried by the idea of going down to the low lands, as they were known to be a dangerous area. Add to that, she has to pluck the whiskers of a live lion!...

“And what do I have to do to make this lion come close to me?” She asked.

The debtera answered, “I don’t know. The only thing I know is how to make magic medicines, not to tame a lion.”

No comments: