Friday, October 3, 2008

Upon entering the store, I instinctively go left, (maybe because I’m a ‘Maverick’). At my Rite Aid, this is the cosmetic aisle. These products are a lesson in seduction all their own. Cover-ups advertise a 'flawless complexion' by reducing a multitude of nasties. Zits, moles, hairy moles, wrinkles, skin spots and cancerous lesions instantly and effortlessly disappear. Continuing down the aisle, lipsticks in shades of red and pink so beautiful they move me to tears call out to me like a trashy novel-‘Rip me open and apply liberally’ they seem to shout. How could I not be tempted? These beauties obviously have transformative qualities. Vibrant reds, berry pinks and deep mahoganies guarantee deep, sensual, smeared, kisses. Applied liberally these items are enough to disguise, enhance and flatter the wearer on any night out...or in.

No comments: